“For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, ‘Let light shine out of darkness,’ has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.” 2 Corinthians 4:6
I came across something on Facebook a while ago that totally struck a chord. It was talking about an 11 year old girl who said, “My goal in life is to have everyone I know love Jesus like I do.”
Wow. This little girl knows what it means to be a Christian, and sometimes adults aren’t even living this. She pretty much summed up our calling as Christians: to show Jesus. To, in essence, live Jesus. Love like Jesus and to make Him known. But sometimes, just because we know what to do, that doesn’t mean we know how to do it. I have come up with a list of 10 things we can do on a daily basis to show Jesus to those in darkness, the real call of a Christian.
- Immerse. If you don’t read about the love that Jesus showed for us, how do we expect to share that love? Soak up His word; I have learned that it is one of those things that as soon as you start, you get hungry and just can’t get enough!
- Surround. Bad company really does ruin good morals. Surround yourself with people who will build you up, not tear you down. Be friends with people who radiate positivity and joy.
- Love. Rather than lashing out and being rude, choose to love. Choose compassion and a lifestyle of love. By loving others, you are showing Jesus to those who may not know love otherwise.
- Act. Make a conscientious effort every day to act in a way that would radiate Christ. Every time you are trying to decide what to do or not do, ask yourself what would show Jesus in that situation, and act upon that.
- Personalize. This is more of a practical application of the attitudes we have already discussed. Personalize your life in a way that reflects that you are a Christian. A few examples of how to do this are wearing t-shirts with Bible verses, make your phone lockscreen a verse or quote (the app Bible Lock Screens is amazing!), put sticky notes up all over with verses, get a bumper sticker with a Christian quote on it, make a worship song your phone’s ringtone. The possibilities are pretty much endless. With a little creativity, let your life reflect Jesus by using some of these ideas or coming up with your own.
To read Part 2, come back to Project Virtue Wednesday at 4:30 Central, or subscribe to our email list!